Premature Adjudication

We're a bunch of law students who all live together and want to write a blog. Well, only three of us want to write, but the others may pop in occasionally. We have no true purpose, but I bet you'll see a lot about sports, current events, and general randomness. Don't worry bar admissions people we are both of high moral character and physically fit.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

That's The Beat To Funky Town!

Here is a summary of what has been going on:

(1) The Braves suck
(2) America is 230
(3) It's hot outside
(4) Barbri really sucks
(5) I'm getting a mortgage
(6) I'm reading a book about pirates
(7) And Partyboy's farts smell

Outside of this list I really don't have much to say. I can't wait for the bar exam to be over so I can stop being so lame. I haven't done anything stupid or irresponsible in like 5 weeks...and that makes my soul hurt.

Oh yeah, and PA would like to wish one its most loyal and sexy readers a speedy recovery. Over the weekend she lost a fight (2-1 by scorecards) with a stair rail at a local watering hole. Ouch. Wait--is voluntary intoxication an affirmative defense in a slip-n-fall case?

12 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Injured Loyal Reader said…

    Actually ... it was a sink in a bathroom to be quite honest ...

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Lord Helmet said…

    Hmm...faulty sources. I guess Dan Rather isn't the only one with that problem.

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Lord Helmet said…

    It's like that time I got cracked on the helmet with a golf club at the law college golf tourney/orgy/throwdown and went to the ER completely hammered in a blood-stained hawaiian shirt to get 5 staples in my dome and then went out that night in a full head bandage...so do not fret injured loyal reader, I feel your pain.

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Roonie said…

    You forgot to add how awesome the Cardinals are!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Lord Helmet said…

    Roonie, the Braves beat the Cardinals 14-4 last night at the Ted.

    I do have a lot of respect for the Cardinals. Their fans are every bit as good as the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs but do not get the credit they deserve.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lord Helmet, re barbri, I have two questions:

    (1) Is barbri better or worse than law school?

    (2) Could you pass the bar if you just took barbri?

    What say you?

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Lord Helmet said…

    Anonymous,

    When I say "barbri sucks" I mean that having a 3 hour lecture (which covers everything you do in a 14 week class!) read to you when you have said lecture sitting in front of you is rather anti-climactic.

    Barbri would make no sense without law school. Absolutely none. If your objective was to pass the bar without any benefit of law school I would say 6 months of full time studying would be required. Someone could probably do it in less, but he or she would be completely worthless as a lawyer.

    The exceptionally brilliant aside, the 3 years spent in school are absolutely necessary to become a competent lawyer (in my opinion). Concepts need time to sink in, you learn how to write, and you undoubtedly benefit from being around professors/classmates and the profession generally.

    While the law is an academic pursuit like many others, simple knowledge can only be the tip of the iceberg when it comes to being a successful practicioner.

    And...scene!

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you.

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home