Premature Adjudication

We're a bunch of law students who all live together and want to write a blog. Well, only three of us want to write, but the others may pop in occasionally. We have no true purpose, but I bet you'll see a lot about sports, current events, and general randomness. Don't worry bar admissions people we are both of high moral character and physically fit.

Monday, July 10, 2006

My Favorite Frenchman

Well, the World Cup is over, which means we can all go back to not caring about soccer again for another four years. Before I go back to soccer hibernation, or normalcy as I call it, I'd just like to comment on my new favorite soccer player and Frenchman, Zinedine Zidane. For those of you who don't care about soccer, not even for the World Cup, Zidane is the baddest ass Frenchman since pre-Waterloo Napoleon (without a height complex). If all of France was made up of guys like him, well, we might actually like France.

In case you missed it, his action that gained my respect was the pretty much unprovoked (well, except for all the diving and crying) headbutt-to-the-chest that he delivered to some smarmy, greasy Italian player in the 110th minute of the World Cup final yesterday. Granted, it wasn't all that bright, he ultimately got red carded and France went on to lose, but personally I think it was worth showing those Italian floppers a thing or two about who's boss. The Italians wanted to keep falling down and acting hurt, so Zidane obliged them with a good reason. If our team had a bunch of guys like Zidane rather than the Landon Donovans of the world, maybe we'd actually show some toughness and grit rather than running down the field and not taking shots. And don't get me started on Jim Gray or whoever that announcer was calling the shot "vicious." If anything it was a statement. Vicious is a kick to the back of the knee or an elbow to the head (a la that Italian guy to Brian McBride). Zidane's headbutt was to the chest. Just a friendly, "Hello... stop being such a p@#$%..." (or however you would say that in French). All in all he showed the toughness, albeit not the brains, of a champion. Now I know why the only soccer jerseys I ever see say "Zidane" on the back of them. Too bad he's retiring from international play.

PS I'm part Italian so I can make fun of them all I want.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Pepe Le Pew said…

    You roundballers make me want to puke. It isn't enough that once every four years I have to put up with ESPN going fairy, but now I have to see a person who used to be a respected American God fearing, apple pie eating, baseball fan blog about this sick epidemic the world is facing known only as soccer. It is truly a comment on the fact that God has chosen to favor our nation in that he has spared us the ravages of this disease as it slowly yet steadily works its darwinian magic on the remaining portions of the globe. As for you,

    First off, you saying you have a favorite frenchman says alot about you little fella, second off, if we had a bunch of cats like this frog we would have been taken over, or rather "annexed" by the floppy headed Canadians years ago. The reason our team doesn't have anyone that will take a shot is because the only kids in America that play soccer are the one's with uber hot overprotective mothers that deny the father his god-given right to live through his child and let him achieve glory on the gridiron, as it should be.

    I for one fully intend on pushing my kid into full contact sports despite what my inferior female counterpart has to say on the subject. Anyway, au revoir moron, may god have mercy on your soul.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Lord Helmet said…

    Isn't "favorite frenchman" a factual impossibility???

    Much like a "french war hero"???

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger T. House Cat said…

    I'm not a soccer afficianado, I just enjoy a good unprovoked headbutt. And I've come to find out that Zidane is actually an Algerian who immigrated to France, thus making him not really a Frenchman, so I feel better about myself.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home