Premature Adjudication

We're a bunch of law students who all live together and want to write a blog. Well, only three of us want to write, but the others may pop in occasionally. We have no true purpose, but I bet you'll see a lot about sports, current events, and general randomness. Don't worry bar admissions people we are both of high moral character and physically fit.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ann Coulter



Did anyone see Ann Coulter last night on Leno? I am definitely a fan. Come on, how can you not be attracted to a leggy blonde whose diet reportedly consists of red wine, cigarettes, and liberals? Not this cowboy.

I rarely take politics personally, so to me she is entertainment. I definitely agree with her more often than not, but I do appreciate that her perogative is to piss people off so they go and buy her book (which, apparently, is currently #1). Thus my question to you all is this: Do you think political commentators are more "personalities" or primarily "intellectuals." That is, is Ann Coulter (or others like Hannity/Colmes/Limbaugh, etc) motivated by her desire to express her political opinion OR rather does she decide she's a conservative and then do whatever is necessary to piss off liberals and get herself in the news? The answer, obviously, is a combination, but I'm curious what you all think. So say something.

P.S. Leno asked her if she had ever had/would have sex with a democrat and she said no...so I've still got a chance! Scoops and Roll Tide!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger JNN said…

    It's all a show to sell books. No one can possibly be that hateful. Same goes with Rush..... I imagine he must go home at night and laugh that people actually believe the crap he spews.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger LawMommy said…

    Ann is definitely says what she can to shock and get attention. Maybe she beleives it all, but you don't call a book Godless unless you want attention. Hannity is the next down the line -- he beleives what he says and says the same junk over and over and over hoping by repitition he'll maintain relevance.
    Rush is in a different class all together. He is more likely to give information than personal attacks and name calling. I disagree with quite a lot of what he says on social issues, but I listen because I find him occasionally educational and often entertaining. Mega Dittos!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, it's all about entertainment. And on that, Ann Coulter's great. Unlike you, I disagree with a lot of what she says; but I find her entertaining. Did you see her on Hannity and Colmes last night? It was riveting. She does wonders for Fox's ratings.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger T. House Cat said…

    To me it's pretty obvious that she's just trying to sell books and piss people off. I can appreciate such tactics, but not when you are trying to pass yourself off as a legit intellectual.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous William Jefferson Clinton Portis said…

    To me, it was a leprechaun, to me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home